Meet our TeamStrata Lawyers in Sydney
Michael Pobi – Principal
For more than 11 years Michael has been specialising in all aspects of NSW Strata Title Law and NSW Community Title Law with a special focus on representing owners corporations and lot owners in the areas of strata law litigation in NCAT and the Courts, property law disputes, bylaw disputes, building defects and the provision of legal advice in these areas.
Michael is a specialist strata lawyer recognised by the Australian College of Strata Lawyers, the peak body for strata lawyers.
When it comes to resolving legal disputes, Michael applies his high attention to detail by working closely with his clients to achieve strategic and practical outcomes.
- Acting for the successful owners corporation in obtaining consent orders at the final NCAT hearing for the removal of 2 dogs in a strata scheme
- Acting for the successful owners corporation defending against a lot owner’s application for compulsory management
- Successfully obtained NCAT orders for lot owners for compulsory strata management
- Costs and extensions of time – Blair v The Owners – Strata Plan No 71656 and Mitchell  NSWCATCD 8
- Advised the owners corporation and successfully prepared its defence and legal submissions which led to lot owner’s appeal being dismissed – Gelle v Owners Corporation Strata Plan 55966 and Strata Plan 85816  NSWCATCD 100
- Obtained consent orders in a tree dispute – The Owners – Strata Plan No. 53809 v The Owners – Strata Plan No. 10622  NSWLEC 1022
- Acting for successful lot owners obtaining NCAT orders to rectify defective common property
- Acting for successful lot owners in obtaining NCAT orders for unreasonable refusal of bylaws
Michael also has extensive experience advising on bylaws created under the former Strata Titles Act 1973. He also provides webinars on Strata Bylaws through CPD for Me.
2012- present: Principal, Pobi Lawyers
2010-2012: Associate, Bannermans Lawyers
2008-2010: Solicitor, Andreones Lawyers,
2007-2008: Solicitor, Hall & Hall Lawyers
2006-2007: Solicitor, Heidtman & Co Lawyers
2004-2006: Solicitor, KB Legals
2004: Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
2003-2004: Law Graduate, KB Legals
2003: Grad Dip Legal Practice (College of Law)
2003: Dip.Law (LPAB)
- Member of the Australian College of Community Association Lawyers, the peak body of strata lawyers in Australia
Iain Fairholm – Special Counsel
Iain Fairholm is a litigation lawyer with over 10 years experience with significant expertise in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, building and construction law, building defects litigation, banking and finance, strata law and insolvency law.
Iain’s depth and breadth of experience across a number of legal practice areas greatly assists his ability to pro-actively assist our clients in identifying and resolving disputes, manage risk and complete transactions efficiently and cost effectively.
Iain is also able to assist with:
- Advice on drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Alternative dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration.
- Claims arising out of building works to neighbouring land/property which have caused damage.
- Building and construction contracts and agreements.
- Home Building Act 1989.
- Commercial leasing.
Iain’s clients include owners corporations, executive committee members, strata managers, builders and developers.