Meet our TeamStrata Lawyers in Sydney
Michael Pobi – Principal
Michael Pobi is the principal of Pobi Lawyers and an experienced specialist Strata and Community Title lawyer. Since 2008, Michael has exclusively specialised in all aspects of Strata and Community Title Law including, but not limited to:
- Strata and Community Title Law Advisory
- Strata and Community Title By-Laws
- Strata and Community Title Adjudications and Appeals in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT)
- Strata Management Statements for Stratum projects
- Community Management Statements for Community Title projects
- Building Defects Claims
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution in the Local, District and Supreme Courts of NSW, the Land and Environment Court of NSW and the NCAT
- Levy Recovery
Having acted for a broad range of clients from owners corporations, executive committee members, strata managers, individuals to property developers and high net worth individuals, Michael understands the imperatives of his clients. Michael is a regular presenter at seminars on strata and community title law to lawyers, strata managers and various stakeholders in the strata industry. Michael’s qualifications and memberships include:
- Dip.Law, Legal Profession Admission Board (Sydney)
- Grad. Dip. Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW and of the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Australian College of Community Association Lawyers, the peak body of strata lawyers in Australia
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
Iain Fairholm – Special Counsel
Iain Fairholm is a litigation lawyer with over 10 years experience with significant expertise in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, building and construction law, building defects litigation, banking and finance, strata law and insolvency law.
Iain’s depth and breadth of experience across a number of legal practice areas greatly assists his ability to pro-actively assist our clients in identifying and resolving disputes, manage risk and complete transactions efficiently and cost effectively.
Iain is also able to assist with:
- Advice on drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Alternative dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration.
- Claims arising out of building works to neighbouring land/property which have caused damage.
- Building and construction contracts and agreements.
- Home Building Act 1989.
- Commercial leasing.
Iain’s clients include owners corporations, executive committee members, strata managers, builders and developers.