Meet Our Team
Experts in Strata Title Law
For more than 11 years Michael has been specialising in all aspects of NSW Strata Title Law and NSW Community Title Law with a special focus on representing owners corporations and lot owners in the areas of strata law disputes and litigation, property law disputes, by-law disputes, Home Building Act 1989 building defects claims and retaining wall disputes in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) and the Courts including the provision of legal advice in these areas.
Michael is an expert strata lawyer and is a Member of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers, the peak body for strata lawyers.
When it comes to resolving legal disputes, Michael applies his high attention to detail by working closely with his clients to achieve strategic and practical outcomes.
- Acting for the successful owners corporation in obtaining consent orders at the final NCAT hearing for the removal of 2 dogs in a strata scheme
- Acting for the successful owners corporation defending against a lot owner’s application for compulsory management
- Successfully obtained NCAT orders for lot owners for compulsory strata management
- Costs and extensions of time – Blair v The Owners – Strata Plan No 71656 and Mitchell  NSWCATCD 8
- Advised the owners corporation and successfully prepared its defence and legal submissions which led to lot owner’s appeal being dismissed – Gelle v Owners Corporation Strata Plan 55966 and Strata Plan 85816  NSWCATCD 100
- Obtained consent orders in a tree dispute – The Owners – Strata Plan No. 53809 v The Owners – Strata Plan No. 10622  NSWLEC 1022
- Acting for successful lot owners obtaining NCAT orders to rectify defective common property
- Acting for successful lot owners in obtaining NCAT orders for unreasonable refusal of bylaw.
- 2004: Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW
- 2003: Grad Dip Legal Practice (College of Law)
- 2003: Dip.Law (LPAB)
- Member of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers.
Iain Fairholm is a litigation lawyer with over 10 years experience with significant expertise in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, building and construction law, Home Building Act 1989 building defects claims litigation, strata law and insolvency law.
Iain’s depth and breadth of experience across a number of legal practice areas greatly assists his ability to pro-actively assist our clients in identifying and resolving disputes, manage risk and complete transactions efficiently and cost effectively.
Why Choose Us?
Communication With Our Clients
We advise our clients and work with them to achieve the best outcome. We maintain an open line of communication with our clients at all times. We also follow up our clients at the end of the matter to ensure things run smoothly.
A Practical Approach is taken
Some lawyers lose sight of the client’s objectives. We keep a practical and legal eye on the outcome of your matter at all times. Due to litigation being fluid, unforeseen circumstances may arise. We promptly advise our clients on the practical effect of any changes which may affect their case and the best action to take in these circumstances.
Litigation should be seen as a last resort. However, sometimes the only way to achieve a good settlement is to put your best case forward by showing the other party that you are serious and are prepared to fight the case all the way. If your matter cannot be resolved through mediation, negotiation or other dispute resolution processes, we have the experience to assist you in a professional and cost effective manner.
We aim to constantly grow and develop our personal and business relationships through integrity, leadership and innovative business practices to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our Vision and Values
A Leading Strata Law Firm
We will communicate clearly and promptly with our clients, and provide clear and practical advice.
We will meet or exceed our clients’ expectations as well as manage and work within our clients’ budgets.
We will have respect for our clients and colleagues, be responsible, work positively and act with integrity.