Meet Our Team
Experts in Strata Title Law
Michael Pobi is the Principal at Pobi Lawyers and is an expert in the fields of Strata and Community Title Law.
For over 16 years Michael has practised as a solicitor in NSW. In 2008 Michael became passionate about all things strata law related and has been specialising in all aspects of Strata and Community Title Law since then with a special focus on:
- Giving advice to owners corporations, strata committees, strata managers and lot owners on Strata and Community Title Law matters
- Giving advice, making and defending claims for breach of duty to maintain and repair common property under section 106 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Assisting owners corporations and lot owners resolve strata disputes
- Assisting owners corporations and lot owners resolve by-law disputes including unreasonable refusal of by-law claims
- Giving advice, making and defending loss of rent/damages claims in NCAT
- Giving advice, making and defending claims for unauthorised works to common property in NCAT
- Giving advice, making and defending claims for unreasonable refusal of by-law in NCAT
- Giving advice, making and defending claims for compulsory strata management under s237 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015
- Retaining Wall Advice and Disputes
- Building Defects claims
- Litigation and Dispute resolution
- Making Special By-laws
Michael and his team regularly appear in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) and mediations in strata dispute matters, the Tribunal and Supreme Court of NSW in building defects claims.
When it comes to resolving legal disputes, Michael works closely with his clients to achieve strategic and practical outcomes.
Michael regularly acts for owners corporations, strata managers, developers and lot owners.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Dip.Law (NSW Legal Profession Admission Board)
- Diploma in Biblical Studies
- Admissions to the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia.
- Member of the Australian College of Strata Lawyers (ACSL).
- Member of the Law Society of NSW.
Special CounselIain Fairholm joined Pobi Lawyers in 2016. Iain is a litigation lawyer with over 18 years’ experience with significant expertise in Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Building and Construction Law and Home Building Act 1989 building defects claims litigation. He is also experienced in Commercial Law and Strata and Community Title Law.
Iain regularly appears in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the Supreme Court of NSW in building defects claims and the Tribunal in strata dispute matters. Iain’s depth and breadth of experience across a number of legal practice areas greatly assists his ability to pro-actively assist our clients in identifying and resolving disputes, manage risk and complete transactions efficiently and cost effectively.
Qualifications and Membership:
BA (Hons), LLB (University of Adelaide), Member of the Law Society of NSW.
Why Choose Us?
Communication With Our Clients
We advise our clients and work with them to achieve the best outcome. We maintain an open line of communication with our clients at all times. We also follow up our clients at the end of the matter to ensure things run smoothly.
A Practical Approach is taken
We keep an eye on the outcome of your matter at all times. Due to strata litigation being fluid, unforeseen circumstances may arise. We promptly advise our clients on the practical effect of any changes which may affect their case and the best action to take in these circumstances.
Litigation should be seen as a last resort. However, sometimes the only way to achieve a good settlement is to put your best case forward by showing the other party that you are serious and are prepared to fight the case all the way. If your matter cannot be resolved through mediation, negotiation or other dispute resolution processes, we have the experience to assist you in a professional and cost effective manner.
We aim to constantly grow and develop our personal and business relationships through integrity, leadership and innovative business practices to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our Vision and Values
A Leading Strata Law Firm
We will communicate clearly and promptly with our clients, and provide clear and practical advice.
We strive to provide a high quality legal service which meets and/or exceeds your expectations.
Honest and transparent
Clear legal fees plus legal advice that is in your best interests.