According to the Strata Schemes Management Amendment (COVID-19) Regulation (No 2) 2020, the amendments made to the Strata Schemes Management Regulation 2016 in response to the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic will now remain in place until 13 May 2021.
The amendments allow:
• altered arrangements for convening, and voting at, meetings of an owners corporation or a strata committee,
• voting at a meeting to be undertaken by electronic means (eg teleconferencing, videoconferencing or email) even if the owners corporation/strata committee has not, by resolution, adopted those means of voting;
• instruments and documents to be signed by the persons specified in section 273 of the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015, instead of being affixed with the seal of an owners corporation;
• the extension, to 6 months, of the time periods within which:
– the first annual general meeting of an owners corporation must be convened and held, and
– a levy must be determined to reimburse an amount paid or transferred from an administrative fund or a capital works fund.
In relation to community associations, similar amendments made to the Community Land Management Regulation 2018 by the Community Land Management Amendment (COVID-19) Regulation 2020 in response to the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic will now remain in place until 13 May 2021 (see the Community Land Management Amendment (COVID-19) Regulation (No 2) 2020.
Disclaimer: Please note that the information contained in this article is not legal advice and should not be relied upon. You should obtain legal advice specific to your circumstances before you take any action or otherwise rely upon the contents of this article.